I will leave this section on-line as, some people may still wish to view the
ferry flight Departures from Heathrow
Best places are in italics
RUNWAY 09R / 27L take-offs
- 1. Heathrow terminal 2 Spectators gallery - CURRENTLY CLOSED
2. Esso garage on Perimeter road - gives great views as Concorde taxies from Terminal 4 to the head of 09L for departure. For a 27L departure Concorde will just be clearing the boundary fence at this stage.
3. Threshold of 09R / 27L - gives good line-up shots for 09R and Concorde will fly right overhead if using 27L.
4. Just after Hatton Cross Tube station on airport inner road to T4 - similar to Position 3 but other side of runway threshold of 09R / 27L, so 27L arrivals will fly directly overhead and Concorde will fly right overhead on full power from 09R departure.
RUNWAY 27R take-offs
5. Visitors centre and related car parks - if you want a good view of a 27R line up, departure and arrival, but are not too bothered about a clear camera shot this is where to go. If you park your car to can walk up to the fence and get some great shots of arrivals and departures.
6. V1 / Vr point in the Pink Elephant long stay car park - good view right at point of take-off if you don't mind paying a tenner. For a clear shot, it depends on where you park in the car park if Concorde has cleared fence height. Use a 747 for comparison.
7. The fly overhead shot from 27R - if you get a good place you should be able to see right down the runway. Parking is on the verge on the A3044 road heading north. Arrivals onto 09L are also great viewed from here.
8. Entrance to staff car park and Budget Rent-A-Car - great place to sit right under the aircraft during an arrival onto 27R. Watch out as you may get moved on here.
9. Small industrial estate - great side-on views of short finals onto 27R and not too many obstructions for taking pictures. Parking is great at weekends. If you are here at the right time, you will be able to see Concorde being towed across the road from the BA Engineering base to the main airport apron.
For full details see The FwogTographer's Heathrow viewing info page,
where most of this came from!!